Monday, March 3, 2014

My Trip Schedule & Credit Card Issues



Today was all about my trip. I spent a good part of the morning planning out whom I would be staying with and when. It took some juggling but I think I have a good plan. I should be able to see a large part of both Ireland and the UK. If you live out in either place let me know and let's try to meet up.

  • Fly from Los Angeles to New York, then New York to Dublin 3/15 - 3/16
  • Ireland (travel all of Ireland with Thomas & Robert) 3/16 - 3/24
  • Fly from Belfast to Glasgow on 3/24  
  • Glasgow (stay in hostel) 3/24 - 3/25
  • Edinburgh (stay in hostel) 3/25 - 3/28  
  • Northern England (Wander around Northern England for 3 days) 3/29 - 3/31
  • Doncaster (stay with my friend Daniel) 4/1 - 4/3
  • Cambridge (stay with my friend Erlend) 4/4 - 4/6
  • Worchester (stay with my friend Markus) 4/7 - 4/10 
  • Bromsgrove (stay with my friend Simon) 4/11 - 4/12
  • London (stay at a hostel just outside city center) 4/13 - 4/16
  • Fly from London to Dublin in the evening (stay at airport hotel) 4/16 
  • Fly home 4/17 11am
After settling on my schedule I started book hostels and the mini flights between Ireland and England. As I was booking my car rental I got an error saying that they couldn't process my credit card info. I figured that my visa company put a hold on my card because there were so many charges from overseas. So I gave them a call and found out that it wasn't the visa company and more then likely something wrong with the car rental website. But they did inform me that my Visa card had been compromised in one of those store scandals and they were going to send me a new card and cancel my current card on March 21st.  

This is the worst time for this to happen. I informed them that I was leaving for a trip in a week and planned to use my travel card for the majority of my purchases. They insured me that my new card would get to me before I left... all I can do is hope that's true.

The other issue is I use my visa card to pay for about 2/3's of my bill's automatically. So when I get the new card I have to make sure I change my credit card number on all these sites so things are paid for while I am away. It's the last thing I wanted to worry about before this trip.. but what can I do.

I'm feeling really good as things are coming together for this trip. I still have a week and a half and a few more things to book and schedule but the majority of my planning is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment