Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Oscars - My Review

Started my day by editing my final MASH 4077 Podcast that will be released while I am in the UK. All I have left to do is build the show pages and pre-schedule them to release on the correct dates. I also have to preset tweets to announce each one's release.

The majority of the day was all about The Oscars. I started watching around 4pm and my buddy Erik joined in via Skype around 5pm.

We watched the show together trying to pick the winners.. we didn't do to bad. Ellen DeGeneres was hilarious. She made the show for me. Her pizza skit was the best and the fact that she actually purchased pizza's for the stars who actually ate it.. it was awesome.

She did a selfie with Meryl Streep and soon Julie Roberts, Bradly Cooper, Jared Leto, Channing Tatum, Kevin Spacey, Brad Pit, Angelina Jolie, Lupita Nyong'o and her brother joined in.. it was the most EPIC selfie ever.. and what makes it even better is Ellen challenged the viewers to retweet it to break the record and they did (myself included). It was retweeted over 3 million times.. twice as much as the record holder... it even crashed twitter for a bit.

Other memorable moments was John Travolta mangling Idina Menzel name by calling her Adele Dazeem. Don't know where he got that from but it sparked an uproar from twitter and minutes later there were two twitter accounts for Adele Dazeem and a Travolta Name Generator.. gotta love the internet.

Of course my favorite moments were the two wins for Disney's Frozen. It won for best animated movie as well as Let it Go for best song and the Lopez's acceptance speech was awesome.

 

Pink signing Somewhere Over the Rainbow was AMAZING!! Oh and did I mention Ellen was FANTASTIC!!!

Most of the expected winners won so there weren't that many surprises but it was an a long 3 and a half hours but between Ellen and my buddy Erik watching it with me.. the time flew by.

Oh and I almost forgot.. my favorite picture of the night (besides the selfie) this one happened on the red carpet and has to be the best Photobomb EVER. That awards goes Benedict Cumberbatch who jumps up on the middle of a photo opportunity with the group U2... love him!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment