Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Babylon 5 In The Beginning

Almost forgot about TV night with my buddy Robert. We are continuing our first time viewing of Babylon 5. We finished the series off last week but there are still several TV movies and a spin off series that we plan to watch. So tonight we watched the TV movie "In the Beginning" Emperor Londo Mollari tells the story of the Earth-Minbari war that almost destroyed Humanity and later inspired its last best hope for peace.

I enjoyed this "sort of" prequel to the series. We got to see quite a few of the "regular" characters from the series. It was fun to see the Minbari Delenn that we only saw in the first season. I found it odd that Sheridan, The Doctor and G'Kar met before Babylon 5 but it didn't bother me much. It was cool seeing stuff that we had only heard about throughout the seasons. I liked how they tied the entire story into an episode from season 4 with an older Londo telling the story to some kids. As we know from the episodes he is going to be killed by G'Kar later that day.

I look forward to seeing more of the TV movies, I hope they are all just as fun and interesting as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment