Monday, January 19, 2015

My 90 Day Check Up

It's been 90 days since I was diagnosed as being pre-diabetic. My doctor gave me 90 days to try and bring my sugar (A1C) levels down. I took this seriously as I don't want to be "labeled" diabetic for the rest of my life. I took up walking/jogging 30 to 45 minutes everyday, which I'm proud to say that I stuck with and it's now become a routine/habit to get up every morning and do my cardio.

The food on the other hand has been extremely tough for me. Overall I have cut back on calories and carbs but I still struggle with eating "fast" food. I have my good days and bad. I try not to let my bad days discourage me to much. I know this is a process and it will take a while to change my eating habits. This isn't just for a short time, it's for the rest of my life.

I am happy to say that three months ago I weighted in at the most I have ever weight 219 lbs. Today while at the doctors I came in at 200 lbs. I have lost a total of 19 lbs in 90 days. I set a goal of being below 200 lbs when I went back to the doctors and I barely missed that goal by a pound but I can't be upset with myself as I did lose 19 pounds. And what is even better was that the nurses and my doctor were very impressed with my weight lose, which of course made me feel good.

So I gave blood and will find out in a week or so if my numbers have gone down. But this battle is far from over. My cardio work outs are habit but I continue to fight my addiction to fast foods. It's a process and I know it's not going to change over night. I want to thank my friends and family for their continued support in this endeavor.

My next goal is for the end of February and that's for me to be down to 195. That's six pounds in about six weeks. It's going to be tough but I'm going to push myself to achieve this goal.. wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you!!! Great job! Matt and I are getting a little too fluffy....we're going to need to incorporate some exercise soon. So good for you for implementing a great habit. -JL

    ReplyDelete