Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Agent Carter Is the Best!!!

If you guys are fans of Felicia Day (as I am) then you really should be following her on SnapChat. For the past week or so she's been doing these awesome 10 second videos where she takes a popular song and changes it to incorporate her love of coffee... they are pretty EPIC!!

In other geeky news I watched the second to last episode of Mavel's Agent Carter, S1 Ep 7 "Snafu" As Carter is resisting interrogation at the S.S.R., Jarvis appears with a fake signed confession from Stark, promising surrender if Carter is released. Carter sees Ivchenko communicating in Morse code with Underwood, and reveals the truth about her own investigation to her colleagues to gain their trust. Ivchenko hypnotizes Dooley and has him steal one of Stark's weapons from the S.S.R.'s labs: a gas cylinder that Underwood and Ivchenko activate in a crowded cinema before leaving and locking the door behind them. The agents find Dooley wearing a Stark experimental vest given to him by Ivchenko, which Jarvis explains will explode with no way to deactivate it. Dooley jumps out a window moments before the device detonates, killing him but saving the others. The gas in the cinema makes many in the audience become maniacal and attack each other violently, and when an usher arrives soon after, the entire audience is dead.

Another amazing episode, I can't praise this series enough. Every episode has been so good that I can't delete them from my Tivo as I enjoy going back and rewatching them over and over. Agent Carter finally was able to tell her male chauvinistic co-workers what she really thought them and it was beautiful. Beautifully written, preformed and edited.

“To you (Dooley), I’m a stray kitten left on your doorstep to be protected. (to Thompson) The secretary turned damsel in distress. (to Sousa) The girl on the pedestal, transformed into some daft whore.”

“And I suppose the confession portrays me as what? A patsy? A doe-eyed idiot succumbed to the charms of America’s mustachioed Casanova?”

“I conducted my own investigation because no one listens to me. I got away with it because no one looks at me. Because unless I have your reports, your coffee, or your lunch, I am invisible.”

This had to be my favorite scene of the series and that's saying alot since I pretty much love every scene in this series.

As I have said in past reviews I love me some Jarvis and Peggy.. those two just work so well together, there chemistry is just amazing (and I love that it's not romantic at all).

Dooley's sacrifice brought tears to my eyes. I was never a fan of this man but when the time came he did what he had to do to save his people. I love that he turned to Carter and made her promise that she would find the bad guys.. he didn't ask all the men standing around her.. he asked her to do it.

So much awesome in this one episode and I can't believe that we have one more episode before it's over. I just hope it's not done for good. I hope we get another eight episode story arch next year.. let's make this a tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment