Saturday, February 21, 2015

SDCC & Pathfinder (D&D)

Spent the morning trying to get a San Diego Comic Con Badge, today is open registration. As we have done in the past we have a small group of people band together to help each other get the days we want. I'm a professional so I'm guaranteed a 4 day pass with preview but I was hoping to get my brother a 4 day pass and anyone else.. unfortunately like the last time this "new" random sorting process never works out for me and I never made it out of the waiting room. My friend Aaron was able to get a badge for Thursday and Sunday for my brother but I know he really wants the full four days. I do have one more chance when Pro badges go up. As I mentioned I'm guaranteed a badge but I'm also eligible to get a second free badge (but those go quick) and I can also purchase a second badge (which is more likely). Just gotta wait for the time and date for when this will be happening.

Spent the rest of the day playing D&D / Pathfinder. It's been a month or so since the gang got together so alot of us have been really looking forward to it. I'm not going to go into great detail about the night but needless to say it was another fun adventure. We had two large battles, first with some cool Wight Kings and lackies and then we a ton of bloody skeletons. Both battles lasted a while but we were successful with each with little damage to our group. Well other then a few team members losing some levels due to contact with the Wight Kings.

Dallas, our DM, once again did a great job at navigating our large group thru the adventure. My only complaint about the session is the noise level. Because we are such a large group it can take 30 minutes for your turn to come back around and since we are all friends who only see each other during D&D we tend to get a bit chatty between plays. Sometimes with the music and the chatting it's difficult to hear what's going on with the game. This has been an issue since the first day we played and I'm sure it's not going to change anytime soon, this is what happens when you have such a large group of adventurers. But overall it was another fun adventure, can't wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment