Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Bro's B-day, Captain America, Marvel Recap & A Night Drive

Today is my brother Michael's 40th Birthday... I can't believe he's 40 already. I remember the day he was born and my aunt and uncle telling me that I had a little brother. I was 4 1/2 at the time and staying with them while my mom and dad were in the hospital. Of course being almost five years older made our childhood a bit challenging. I heard many, many times "you are older and should no better" when I would try and retaliate against my brother for initiate a fight between us. But as we got older and he became an adult our relationship changed and we are must closer now then we were as kids. I have watched him go from annoying little brother, to rebellious adolescence, to young adult having fun, and finally to loving Husband and Father.

So Happy Birthday Michael, here's to another 40 (hopefully more) years.

I came across this poster that I just had to share on social media. Everyone knows I'm a huge Captain America fan.. he is my favorite Marvel superhero and if you have seen the recent Avengers: Age of Ultron then you will get his poster.

They also released the first image for Captain America: Civil War. I don't know a ton about the storyline as I haven't read the comic book limited series (yet). From what I understand the U.S. government passes a Superhero Registration Act it's designed to have superpowered characters act under official regulation, somewhat akin to police officers. However, those opposed to the act, led by Captain America, find themselves in conflict with those in support of the act, led by Iron Man.

I don't know how I feel about this storyline, especially since it's pitting super HEROS against super HEROS. Someone is going to be the "bad" guys and that's going to be tough to watch. Also if superheros are fighting superheros there are bound to be some super deaths and that's gonna be tough if they kills off a character that I love. Anyways.. I can't wait for this movie and more details.

Speaking of Marvel I came across this video that combines all of the Marvel movies into a 13 minute recap of what's happen to far before seeing Avengers: Age of Ultron. I thought it was pretty good and had to share it on social media and now I'm sharing it with you all... Enjoy!!


After work I took visiting friends Matt (England) and Bel (Sweden) around Los Angeles, Hollywood, Beverly Hills and West Hollywood.

We didn't have lot of time as it was late in the evening but I wanted Matt (and Bel who's been to LA before) to see some of the night life of Los Angeles. That is one thing I wish I would have done more on my trip to Ireland/UK. I wish I would have gone out and see the cities at night.

So I drove the guys up Hollywood Blvd, then back down Sunset, then back up Santa Monica Blvd, down Melrose Ave, back up Beverly and finally back down Wilshire Blvd. I also took them down Rodeo drive in Beverly Hills. It was a few hours of driving around but it did give them an idea of the night life in Hollywood, LA and West Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment