Saturday, June 6, 2015

New Glasses & Kenobi's 6th Birthday

My fourth day that I had to cancel my NerdStrong class, I was really hoping to be well enough by the weekend but I woke up this morning and knew that I had my nephews Birthday party to attend and that I'd need to save up all my energy for that so I opted out of class. I'm determined to attend tomorrows class as it's going to be a Goonies Workout.

Got my new glasses last night. This was the first time I had purchased glasses off the internet and I have to say so far they are pretty great. I was worried about the fit but they are snug but not tight. It's amazing putting on new glasses after wearing the same glasses for over three years. Though my prescription hadn't changed much the new glasses were crystal clear and it was a strange feeling at first but my eyes quickly adjusted. I like the style and the look of the glasses and I'm extremely happy overall.. which means I'm going to be buying a second pair very soon to have as a back up. By the way I used Zenniopitcal and paid a third of what I usually pay. 

For most of my day I spent it at my brothers celebrating my nephew Kenobi's 6th birthday party. I can't believe he is six already. He's turning into a fantastic little geeky guy. My sister-in-law Lora went all out for this party. It was Star Wars themed (of course) and my brother got one of his cosplaying friends to come as Darth Maul (which was fantastic). 

There were a ton of kids there, now that Kenboi is older and in school he has alot more little friends. They had the trampoline up and the huge water slide so the kids were in heaven.  Lora also made home made light sabers out of pool noodles and the kids had a field day beating each other up (a few of us adults also got in on the fun). Overall it was a birthday party to remember.

I was exhausted when I got home around 8pm and quickly had dinner before crashing as I said I'm determined to get up for the morning Goonies NerdStrong workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment