Saturday, July 18, 2015

Ant-Man: My Thoughts

Today I went to the Sherman Oaks Arclight and watched Marvel's Ant-Man in 3D in my favorite ATMOS equipped theater. If you're been living under a rock and don't have a clue what or who Ant-Man is here's a quick synopsis: Forced out of his own company by former protégé Darren Cross, Dr. Hank Pym recruits the talents of Scott Lang, a master thief just released from prison. Lang becomes Ant-Man, trained by Pym and armed with a suit that allows him to shrink in size, possess superhuman strength and control an army of ants. The miniature hero must use his new skills to prevent Cross, also known as Yellowjacket, from perfecting the same technology and using it as a weapon for evil.

Like with Ironman when it first came out I knew nothing about this character. But this being the umpteenth Marvel movie I knew it was going to be fun and I was right. I mean right from the start with a surprise cameo of Hayley "Agent Carter" Atwell herself I was loving it. Lot's of humor in this film, almost rivaling Guardians of the Galaxy. The CG and special effects were amazing and I haven't cared about an ant since "Honey I Shrunk The Kids". I enjoyed the acting as I'm a huge fan of Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly. I like that the story was simple.. it's wasn't some world killing event (we know they would just call in the Avengers for that). This movie has lots of mentions and nods to the Marvel Universe. We even got a more substantial cameo from Falcon during the movie, which was a fantastic scene. Overall it was just a great movie. Lots of fun and very entertaining. I give Ant-Man a solid A for sheer entertainment.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! I didn't expect to like this movie (I go into detail about that in my own blogged review), but it really won me over.

    ReplyDelete