Saturday, July 18, 2015

"Safe In My Hands" & DanceStrong

After the gym I came home, showered and changed and then headed to the movies with my temporary roommate Lydia. We were seeing Marvel's Ant-Man. This is my short reviews.. I loved it. I'll be blogging a longer review after this blog post.

I came across this Allstate commercial that I had not seen before. It's a short animated film that was part of the 2014 LGBT campaign, it's called Out Holding Hands. The film features a new single, "Safe In My Hands" a song written exclusively for Allstate's LGBT campaign by out singer/songwriter Eli Lieb.


I love everything about this. It's only a minute and a half long but it's tells a great story in that time. There is a quote at the end that I love "Being visible should never leave you feeling vulnerable". Being a gay man in public you always have to be award of your surroundings. A light peek on the cheek or the holding of hands can mean a beating or even worse a death sentence. I would love to have the freedom to hold or kiss my partner in public and not have to worry about who might be watching. Thank you Allstate for creating such an amazing video.

There is another great article about my gym.. you can check it out HERE. It's for a website called The Frame and it's titled "Nerdstrong Gym: Where pop culture geeks get in shape"

During the evening I got together with a bunch of fellow NerdStrongers and we went out dancing at a local gay club called Oil Can Harry's. It's usually a country and western club but on Saturdays they have Retro Disco Night. We got there around 8:30pm and had a few drinks during their happy hour. Soon we were on the dance floor shaking our booties and we didn't stop until around 11:30pm. When we got hungry so Andrew suggested a Ramon place in Van Nuys. Most of us headed over there afterwards and enjoyed a tasty late night dinner. I got home and to bed around 1:30am. We had a blast and plan to do it again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment