Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Pluto, Marvel DubSmash Battle & Sherlock

So I've been fighting off 'con' crud (this is a term used by people who just returned from a comic book convention) the past few days but I think it's finally taken hold. I've had this nagging cough that I can't seem to control. I also have congestion and nasal blockage. I've heard from some friends who also have con crud and it sounds like I got off easy. Though it's a pain in the butt I feel relatively okay and can continue going on about my day.

The New Horizon Probe has been heading towards Pluto for 10 years now and it's finally reach it and has been sending back some amazing pictures. We've learned so much about Pluto in the last few days then we have... forever. The pictures are beautiful and the information we are getting is amazing. But being the geek that I am, every time I see the those pictures of Pluto I can't help but think of the ice planet of Hoth from Star Wars. Anyone else have that thought.. or is it just dorky me :)

Hayley Atwell who plays Agent Carter in the Marvel universe got into a DubSmash battle with Clark Gregg (Agent Coulson) and Chloe Bennet (Skye). If you don't know what DubSmash is, it's this app that allows you to video tape yourself while you lip sing a song or quote a famous quote... it can be pretty hilarious. Soon after the battle began, Hayley's co-star James D'Arcy (Jarvis) joined in the fun as well as more of the cast of Agent's of Shield. So it became a battle of Agent Carter verse Agent's of Shield. Over several days we (those who follow them on twitter or Instagram) were treated to these amazing "dubbed" songs, each one outdoing the next. Finally Hayley and James won but bringing in the big guns.. Captain America himself Chris Evens. Hayley and friends did one more as a kind of victory lap as the battle was won.. congrats to Agent Carter and her team for smashing Agent's of Shield. You can watch the majority of the battle videos HERE on this website.  But I found this you tube video with a nice compilation of the videos as well as some cool behind the scenes making of the videos. If you're a fan of either of these shows it's a must watch and if you're not a fan.. it's still a fun watch.. check it out.


And the final thing I want to share today this amazing teaser trailer for the upcoming Sherlock special. I miss Sherlock so much and this one is different because it's set in the past, though everyone is playing the same characters.. should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment