Thursday, September 3, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Shoulders, Push Press & Jump Rope... Oh My!!

It's all about the shoulders and push press for today Strength class.

We started with a pretty good warm up with a run and shoulder stretches at the same time. I'm sure we looked like a group of crazy people jogging while doing circle with our arms to stretch the shoulders. We then came in and did a bunch of calf stretches.

We spent a good amount of time working on our external shoulder rotation, found out that my right shoulder is less mobile then my left.  We did lots of mobility movements. When we were done we did a retest and those stretches actually helped with my lack of mobility in my right shoulder.

We then moved on to our workout which was an 8 minutes EMOM (Every Minute on the Minute) 3x Push Press. I chose a weight that was a bit heavier then my usual and I was feeling it and I may have struggled a bit I did finish it.

The final workout for the day was a Jump Rope Ladder. We had to jump rope for :30 seconds and then rest :30 seconds, then jump rope :45 seconds and then rest :45 seconds and then jump for a full minute and then rest a full minute before going back down the ladder with another :45 second and :30 seconds before finishing the ladder. I'm an okay jump roper but I was spent after going up the ladder that doing down was extremely tough.

Another fantastic workout.. thanks coach Christy


No comments:

Post a Comment