Thursday, September 3, 2015

Strong Women & BB-8

Came across this very cool meme today and I just had to share it.. all of these women (characters) are strong, independent and amazing.

This goes to show you that Science Fiction really knows how to create women characters that can be loving and caring without losing their toughness.

I've seen and loved everyone of these characters and the series they have been in (with exception to Daenerys from Game of Thrones).

And this is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to strong female role models. I think of all the genres out there Sci fi and Fantasy have the most heroines.

Tomorrow a ton of new Star Wars Episode VII merchandise is going to hit he shelves. I collect Star Wars things here and there but because of lack of fund and mainly lack of room I've cut down buying action figures and such so I don't have any plans to purchase any of the new Force Awakens action figures but then I saw this and almost lost it. It's BB-8 and it's a remote control figure. It's going to be the hot item to get tomorrow and that's saying something since it's retail price is $150. When I first saw this video I had to have it.. I mean how could you not but luckily common sense took over and I realized that I can't afford to spend that much money on one item. But still I know my brother will be getting it so I'll get to play with his :)

No comments:

Post a Comment