Thursday, October 8, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Back Squats and Barbells

After taking an unexpected day off yesterday it was good to be back at NerdStrong. Today was a Strength day, probably my least favorite day of my workout week (with exception to when we are doing bench press').

Today's workout started with a nice Build "Warm Up". 230 Meter Run with arm circles then back in the gym for 2 rounds of 30x Jumping Jacks, 10x Air Squats and 5x Pole Squats. I was winded just after doing this small set.

For Proficiency we did a 2 minute Couch Stretch (which has to be the worlds worst stretch) and then we did 10x Dorsiflexion PVC (and I honestly don't even remember what that was.. but I'm sure it was some sort of stretching and horrible).

We then moved on to the Quest. We've been working towards are one rep max for Back Squats. Today we had to do 6 sets of 5 reps. We were working up to a heavy weight but something that we could do 5 reps without stopping. I got up to 135lbs which is far from my one rep max of 225lbs but I was able to do 6 sets of 5 in a row with a bit of effort. I have also learned that my shoes are horrible for this lift so I go shoeless when I do these back squats.

And our final Battle for today was 5 rounds of 3x Barbell Strict Press, 3x Barbell Push Press, 6x Barbell Push Ups and 20x Anchored Sit Ups. Five rounds of this was tough, especially after all the working out we had already done. But you always manage to find that last ounce of energy and push through... thanks coaches for the continued encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment