Saturday, October 10, 2015

Dinner With A Friend With A Little LARPing on the side

Today I watched episodes 3 and 4 of Heroes Reborn. I'm enjoying this series but it has yet to get me excited to watch it. I tend to let a few of the episodes gather before I sit down and watch but I have to admit when I do sit down and watch I get into the story and can't wait to watch the next one.

This is a slow builder kind of show.. they are laying the groundwork for something big. I just hope we don't have to wait the entire season for it (well 13 episodes). Still hating Zachery Levi's character and his crazy killer wife. He's seems to be a "hero" and showing signs of having some sort of heat power but it still doesn't make me like him any more. Also it was crazy seeing Molly kill herself to prevent from being used... so sad.

Still watching and still enjoying but definitely not "must see" TV for me.. at least not yet.

During the evening I got to hang out with my buddy Adam. He and I were "surprise" guests for tonight's Pathfinder RPG/LARPing party. I have decided to sit out this next session of Pathfinder but DM Dallas asked if would make a special appearance at the very end of the party to launch them on their next quest. I was more then happy to help out.

Adam was down from Seattle for work and we hadn't seen each other in a long while so this was a nice treat. We hung out for a bit at my place before grabbing some dinner at Chevy's, where we had some very interesting and informative conversations. Afterwards we headed over to Will's place around 9:45ish as we were to make our entrance around 10pm. Well 10pm came and went and we stood outside (in costume) waiting for our cue. Adam went in around 10:30ish and I finally went in around 10:45pm. I was dressed as my "Dash" character and only had a line or two to deliver that we end this session and leave it as a cliffhanger and set them on their way to the next adventure.

Overall it went off great (other then the 45 minute delay). Everyone was surprised to see Adam and I. When the session was over I hung out for another hour or so and visited with friends. The majority of the people who were participating in the event took off but the core group of friends stuck around and hung out.. it was a great way to end the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment