Sunday, November 22, 2015

Death of a Companion

So I watched last nights Doctor Who episode tonight, S9 Ep 10 "Face the Raven". The Doctor and Clara are called back to earth when Rigsy discovers a strange tattoo on the back of his neck that appears to be counting down to zero. Their investigation leads them to a hidden street in the middle of London, the discovery that Rigsy has been issued a death sentence, and one of them facing the choice of having to make the ultimate sacrifice; to face the Raven!

I've been enjoying this past season of Doctor Who, much more then the previous one. I knew that Jenna Coleman was going to leave the show at the end of the year so when things went down the way they did I knew this was it. It's difficult to watch a companion leave the show but this one is heart breaking as she did this to herself. Clara got to comfortable with the status quo, the duo had been in so many scraps but always managed to escape but this time she went to far and had to pay the price.

When she walks out to the street saying under her breath.. "Let me be brave.. let me be brace" my heart broke and the tears rolled down my face. I wasn't a big fan of Clara when she was teamed up with Matt Smith's Doctor but I adore her as the companion of Peter Capaldi's Doctor, so this was very difficult to watch.

I still think Donna Nobles departure from the series was the worst but Clara dying the way she did was pretty close.

Other highlights from this episodes.. Clara's final speech to the Doctor was amazing and very touching. The Doctor's rage towards Me was bone chilling and the final scene of the TARDIS made into a tribute for Clara.

We still have a two more episodes before the series is over, I know Clara is still going to show up as I have seen photos of Jenna in a waitress outfit but I have no idea in what context those are from.. guess will have to wait and see.

 ~ R.I.P. Clara Oswald ~

No comments:

Post a Comment