Wednesday, November 4, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Dungeon Run

Today's CON workout is titled Dungeon Run and boy was it.. lots of different workouts in the battle portion of this Dungeon Run.

We started with a Run (of course) and then did 6x Perfect Stretch. This stretch is one of my most complicated stretches I think we do at the gym. It has lots of movement and a certain way to do them.

Next was did 5x Air Squats, 10x Banded Squats and 5x Air Squats again. It's crazy the difference you feel from the firs set of air squats to the second set after doing the banded one in-between.

No Quest for today's workout.. instead we moved on to a very long Battle. We had to do 2 rounds of 2 minutes of work and 1 minute of rest. We had to do Bird Dogs, Armless Sit Ups, Dumbbell Thrusters, Mountain Climbers, Bicycles, Dumbbell Curls and then Half Push Ups (with a 3 second hold).

Two minutes of each of these with a minute of rest (which feels like 10 seconds) it rough and when you finish one round you have to do it all over again and it's even harder. Once I got to my second round of mountain climbers I hit a wall and struggled to finish the rest but I'm happy to say I did everything.. I was tired and exhausted but glad I finished. 

And check out another great article that Geek and Sundry did on the gym.. HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment