Wednesday, February 3, 2016

One Year At NerdStrong Gym

Today marks my one year Nerd-aversary at NerdStrong Gym. One year ago today I walked into this gym for my one on one intro class with Coach Andrew. I didn't know what to expect other then my buddy Andrew Seely loved this place and actually became a coach.

I never imagined that I would find a gym that I would love as much as I love NerdStrong. I get up every morning at 6am and the first thought in my head is "let's do this, it's gym time". I have done 287 workouts (days) this past year. I don't think I've done 287 workouts in the total of my entire gym life. It boggles my mind that I can honestly say that I love going to the gym.

But NerdStrong is so much more then a gym, it's a community of like minded people who are trying to better themselves through fun, entertaining workouts. Working out day after day is hard but when you have amazing coaches, fun & entertaining workouts and a support system second to none you can't help but succeed. And I'm happy to say that I have succeeded. I may not have lost as much weight as I would have liked this past year but that's not the fault of the gym, it's my consistent struggle with my eating habits.

And speaking of the community, There are so many amazing people here that I probably wouldn't met otherwise. They are caring, loving and uber geeky. Some of these people will be part of my life for the rest the rest of my life. These are the kind of friends you want to hang out with outside the gym. We go dancing, hiking and visit museums. We also enjoy karaoke, play "sportsball" and are currently planning a weekend camping trip... these people are the best.

And lets not forget the coaches.. Thank you Coach Andrew, Coach Marla, Coach Kimi, Coach Blair, Coach David, Coach Christy and Coach Corrin. You are all amazing in your own unique way. I love working out with each one of you as you all have your different styles of training as well as music.  I learn from each and every one of you and I will always be so thankful.

I want to give a special Thank you to Coach Seely. I would have never found NerdStrong if it wasn't for him. He also spear headed a "Let's Fund Kenny's first three months at NerdStrong" with my friends. If it wasn't for Andrew I wouldn't have improved my overall health, found my love of fitness (which I will have the rest of my life) or have met so many amazing people who have not become some great friends.

I am proud to be NERDSTRONG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment