Friday, March 4, 2016

NerdStrong Gym - The Past Week

I got a full week of workout in this week, Saturday CON, Sunday TEAM, Tuesday DEX, Wednesday CON and Thursday STG.

For Saturdays class we continued our Night of the Zombie King DnD campaign. I missed chapter three last week (see blog) so I was looking forward to chapter four and I have to say it didn't disappoint. We did 5 rounds of 25x Air Squats, 20x 1-Arm Club Swing to Guard, 20x Push Ups and then 460 Meter Run with Club (that's two times around the parking lot).

Every five minutes Darkmoon (Resurrected Dragon) would attack, if her tail hit us (rolled 1-6) we had to do 20x Glute Bridge, if we were racked by her claw (7-12) we had to do 40 Bicycles. If she bite us (13-18) we did 30 Mountain Climbers and if she used her Necrotic Breath (19-20) we had to do 10 Burpees.

When we finished the five rounds you then had to attack Darkmoon, we knew our weapons were useless so we had to do shield bashers (weighted lunge) and crush her bones. As a group we had to do 360 of these to defeat her. It was a tough workout but in the end we defeated her and move on to our final battle (which will happen next week).

For Sunday's TEAM workout Ultron was resurrected, this has to be the toughest workout that the coaches have ever come up with.. if it's not the toughest its the longest one so that nobody will ever be able to complete it in the time allotted.

It starts off easy.. 10x High Knees and then a mandatory :30 second break.. piece of cake.. Ultron Prime is defeated.  Next was version 1, 15x High Knees and 5x Squats. Again not to bad, feeling good and defeated version 1 and moved on to version 2, 20x High Knees, 10x Squats and 5x Lunges. Version 2 went down pretty easily and I'm thinking.... this isn't so bad I should be able to get to version 14. Well version 3 attacked with 20x High Knees, 15x Squats, 10x Lunges and 5x Push Ups. Okay I'm starting to feel it but still going strong and move on to version 4. Version 4 is a bit worse with 20x High Knees, 15x Squats, 10x Lunges, 10x Push Ups and 5x Sit Ups. Still feeling good so I move on to version 5 ready for the fight.. version 5 had 20x High Knees, 15x Squats, 10x Lunges, 10x Push Ups, 10x Sit Ups and a :10 second Plank. Yeah now I'm defiantly feeling it, I struggle a bit but still defeat version 5. Next up version 6, 20x High Knees, 15x Squats, 10x Lunges, 10x Push Ups, 10x Sit Ups, :20 second Plank and 10x Bicycles.

It's tough but I manage to defeat version 6 and move on to version 7, 20x High Knees, 15x Squats, 10x Lunges, 10x Push Ups, 10x Sit Ups, :30 second Plank, 15x Bicycles and a 70 meter run. The run was actually nice as it was cool outside and felt great on my face. Once back from the run version 8 attacked with 20x High Knees, 15x Squats, 10x Lunges, 10x Push Ups, 10x Sit Ups, :30 second Plank, 20x Bicycles, a 140 meter run and 5x Dumbbell Presses. At this point you're on auto pilot hoping not to crash.. so I moved on to version 9, which was 20x High Knees, 15x Squats, 10x Lunges, 10x Push Ups, 10x Sit Ups, :30 second Plank, 30x Bicycles, a 140 meter run, 10x Dumbbell Presses and 5x Pull Ups. Once I defeated version 9 and moved on to battle version 10, 20x High Knees, 15x Squats, 10x Lunges, 10x Push Ups, 10x Sit Ups, :30 second Plank, 30x Bicycles, a 140 meter run, 15x Dumbbell Presses and 10x Pull Ups and 5x Kettlebell High Pulls. I then moved on to version 11 which was 20x High Knees, 15x Squats, 10x Lunges, 10x Push Ups, 10x Sit Ups, :30 second Plank, 30x Bicycles, a 140 meter run, 15x Dumbbell Presses and 10x Pull Ups, 10x Kettlebell High Pulls and 5x Slamballs.

I only got through half of version 11 before time ran out on me.. but I am happy to say this is the furthest I've gotten on this workout.. so I'm very happy with my performance today. As you can see this is a very tough workout.. it's what they call a chipper.. you just keep going until time runs out or you die.. which ever one comes first.

For Tuesday DEX day it started off with the Agility Ladder, now I like this ladder though some of the movement make me few very uncoordinated. After that we moved on to 5 rounds of 10x Cossack Squat and 14x Kettlebell Deadlift. We then did 5 rounds of Team Sprint Relays, were we had to sprint 140 meters and back over and over again. The first few I sprinted hard but the last few I just ran. We finished the workout with a 12 minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) 10x Sprawl, 10x Jump Squats and 10x Diamond Push Ups. It was a tough workout but fun.

Wednesday's CON day started with a nice warm up before moving onto a team workout. We groups up into teams of 2 and 3, we had to do 15 rounds of a 20 second Row at 100 meters per second, then 15x Kettlebell Swings, 10 Strict Push Ups, and finally 10x Split Lunge with Sandbell before doing it all over again. So person one would start with the row while the others waited, once the first rower was done they moved on to the kettlebell swings and the 2nd person rowed and so on until we just kept rotating trying to get the 15 rounds done. It was a good workout, though I hate rowing. I feel like I have such a disadvantage in rowing since I don't have long legs so I have to pull harder and faster to met my goals.

Thursday's Strength day started with alot of hip stretching. We then moved on to Dual Kettlebell Clean and Press. We had to do a 10 EMOM (Every Minute on the Minute) within in that minute we had to do 2x KB Clean and Press. Most of use were partnered up so you'd go on the minute while your partner would go on the :30 mark. It doesn't look like much before doing this every minute for 10 minutes straight can be tough.

Next we did 10x10 Front Squats, we had to pick a weight that we could do 10 times in a row for 10 reps. I don't recall my weight but it wasn't to heavy, probably 50% of my one rep max.

We ended this workout with a new floor stretch work on our legs and hips.

It was a nice work of workouts, now if I could only eat as well as I workout.. I'd be golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment