Thursday, October 3, 2013

Moving Abroad

The past few years I have been toying with the idea of moving abroad. I think most of the time it's just a wishful thinking kind of thing.. but today I really had the urge to move. The though of me living in England or Ireland felt right. I was born and raised in Southern California, I'm 43 years old and I have never lived anywhere else. Once I sell the house I will have nothing tying me down here. The only hard part would be leaving my friends (you know who you are) and family (especially my niece and nephew). But I wouldn't want to live abroad forever. I was thinking of moving for a year or so just to experience a different lifestyle.

I think this is the perfect time in my life to do something like this. I've been feeling lost as of late and need some direction in life and I think this is it. Of course I need to sell the house, find a job and save up some money beforehand, so it's not like I'm going to be moving tomorrow but if I can get my life back in order I think I'll really look into making this happen. I'm gonna do a lot of research before I pick up everything and move half way around the world.

I do plan to vacation in England/Ireland in 2014. I'm going for a month and I think that will give me enough time to really get to know the place and determine if I want to live there or not.

It may never happen, life's funny and you never know which way fate will twist it but don't be surprise if you see a blog post in the near future titled "I'm Moving to England".

3 comments:

  1. After about 2 days in Switzerland, I was all about moving there. Maybe some day. Follow your dreams Kenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to live abroad in Italy for a while now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you're doing this for the better; you should do it then. I am not saying it would be easy though. Whilst making the decision, certain things will constantly push you to go and pull you to stay. Sentimental factors are the most challenging to deal with. But if you fix all the legal matters decidedly, sell what you need to sell, you'd be left with more possibility of pushing through with your plans.

    ReplyDelete