Friday, October 4, 2013

Random Geek Question: Favorite Captain

So I posted another Random Geek Question on Facebook and Twitter. I asked if you're a Star Trek fan, Who is your favorite Captain.

I have to say I was a bit surprised by the results. I knew Janeway, Sisco and Archer wouldn't get many votes but I really thought Kirk and Picard would be neck and neck. Well they weren't, one of these guys ran away with it. And that person was Captain Jean Luc Picard, he by far was the favorite. I got about 23 replies on Twitter and 2 on Facebook and I would say 75% of you said Picard, with 24% for Kirk and less then 1% for Janeway, Archer, Sisco and even Captain Jellico (who has to be my least favorite Captain of all of Trek).

Most of those who voted for Kirk didn't say he was the best but that he was the first Captain that they saw on Trek and there was a sentimental connection to him.

For Picard I got comments like... 

@BittenUsagi -  Picard. He was the perfect mix of calm & collected and badass. And sexy. Rawr. Lol.

@Autumnbuck - Picard for his strength of character and fidelity to his personal code

@dougluberts  Picard. Kirk was too much of a '60s/Cold War-type leading man (like 007.) Picard's values and character are more modern.

As for my favorite that's tough as I'm a huge Janeway fan but I do love Picard and if push came to shove I would have to pick Picard but Janeway a very close second.

Who is your favorite Star Trek Captain and why.. leave you comments down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment