Sunday, January 26, 2014

Booking My Trip To Ireland & The U.K.

I don't think I have mentioned it much on this blog but since my house sold I have been planning my ultimate trip to Ireland and The United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland). These are destinations that I have been wanting to visiting for almost 20 years. 

So tonight I jumped online and booked my trip. It was tough hitting that final confirmation button. As this is a life long dream, but I am currently out of work and have been for almost a year. The responsible part of me almost won out and I struggled with this for the past two weeks... but you know what, you only live once. I'm 43 years old and have never left the United States..  I have a bit of extra money (from the house sale) and I know if I don't go this time I'll regret it.. so I clicked the confirmation button... there is no truing back now.

The fun/stressful part begins... the planning stage. I'll be flying out on March 15th and retuning home on April 17th. Yes that's 32 days for this vacation. It's going to be EPIC!!!! And what makes this even more special is that my best friend Robert will be joining me for the first part of the leg. He also booked a trip to Ireland/England a few months back and at the time I wasn't sure of what dates I was going to go so we didn't plan anything together. But now that I moved my trip up our schedules aligned and we are now going to do Ireland together. I even managed to get on the same flights as him so we can travel together as well.. woohoo.

We fly into Dublin, Ireland on March 16th and we drive/train up to just outside Belfast were our friend Thomas lives. There are no set plans as of yet but Robert and I, and possibly Thomas will explore all of Ireland. We plan to rent a car and drive the entire coastline. We're going to to take a week to do this. After the week Robert is heading to London for a week and I'll be staying in Ireland a few more days to hang with Thomas before making my own trip to the Scotland,Wales and England. Not sure if I'm going to start at the top in Scotland or at the very bottom in England but I will be taking the next 3 weeks and exploring every part of that beautiful country.

And as you all know me, if you read my blog.. I'll be documenting the entire thing.. pictures and video blogs. I'm also thinking about doing some sort of podcast or something similar. I'm still in the very early planning stages for all this. All I know is this is going to be a trip of a lifetime and I can't wait for it to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment