Monday, January 27, 2014

Maleficent Trailer, Shorty Awards and Sherlock S3

Disney released a second trailer for the new movie Maleficent with Angelina Jolie. I thought the first was was awesome.. this one is AMAZING!!!! The music is very ominous and chilling. I hope this is the tone of the movie. I can't wait to see this.

 

My friend Doug nominated me for a Shorty Award for Best Podcaster and I have been promoting it the past few days as you need to be in the top 4 to make it to the finals to be considered for the award. The current leader has 159 votes and I figured with 2500+ Twitter followers and over 800 friends on Facebook I'd be able to beat him easily.  Well it's not as easy as I thought. So far I've gotten around 24 votes and I appreciate each one of them. I just thought with so many followers I would be able to get a few more by now. I don't know why folks aren't voting for me.. maybe they don't feel that I am the best Podcaster and that's cool. I was just hoping for a better turn out and it's not happening. I'm not giving up I'm still tweeting and Facebooking about it and I will continue until the nomination part of this process is over on February 18th. I want to thank my buddy Dallas for promoting me on his Facebook and Twitter.. I really appreciate it. If you have a twitter account and would like to vote for me just follow this LINK... thanks

So you may have seen this tweet earlier today.. "My buddy @truebrixon just suggested that I get whored out for corndogs. Since he was whored out by his friends for cheese." Many of you asked what this was about and I told Erik @truebrixon that I would have to explain this in a blog post so here is it. I was talking to Erik tonight and he told me that there is this cheese truck parking in the hotel parking lot where he is staying and his friends "jokenly" said he needs to break in and get them some cheese.. he protests to they said he needed to woo the driver and he replied with... "So you want me to whore myself out for cheese" and his friend said yes. I then asked what could I whore myself for and earlier in the conversation we were talking about Disneyland corndogs so he said "why don't you whore yourself out for corndogs" and thus the tweet was born.

During the evening my friends Jes and Dallas come over to my place to watch the first two episodes of the new season of Sherlock. I had seen the first episode last week but the other two had not seen it yet. First up was S3 Ep1 "The Empty Hearse" Two years after the devastating effects of The Reichenbach Fall, Dr John Watson has got on with his life. New horizons, romance and a comforting domestic future beckon. But, with London under threat of a huge terrorist attack, Sherlock Holmes is about to rise from the grave with all the theatricality that comes so naturally to him. It's what his best friend wanted more than anything, but for John Watson it might well be a case of 'be careful what you wish for'. If Sherlock thinks everything will be just as he left it though, he's in for a very big surprise. 

So after the shocker that was the finale of series 2 I couldn't wait to see how they were going to explain how Sherlock faked his own death. I liked the opening scene when we see of "possible" explanation on how he survived. And later we get a "Slash" version of it and then again at the end, from Sherlock himself, but we are lead to believe he wasn't telling the truth.. so it's left to the views imagination as to how he did it. 

I have to say I love Mary, I think she's a perfect addition to the duo, now trio. She can stand her own against Sherlock. Jes informed me that the actress who plays Mary is actually Martin Freedman's partner of many years. That explains their great chemistry. 

Sherlock's surprising Watson and Watson's reaction was brilliant. I don't blame Watson one bit for beating Sherlock to pulp. Loved Detective Lestrade reaction to Sherlock surprising him. I liked that Sherlock teamed up with Molly to investigate some mysteries. And the end when Watson forgives Sherlock when he thought they were going to die. And during that scene I kept saying.. I hope Sherlock isn't playing with Watson but of course I should have known better. I can go on an on about how much I loved every aspect of this episode.

Oh and I loved the conversation between Mrs Hudson and Watson about him finding someone new and she asks what's his name and Watson goes on the defensive about not being gay. That's an on going joke from the very first episode and I love that they continue with it here.

All in all a great start to series three.

Next we watched S3 Ep2 "The Sign of Three" As Lestrade fumes over his constant inability to convict the Waters gang of bank robbers Holmes prepares for his role as best man at Mary and Watson's wedding. His speech, initially bizarre, turns out to be a moving tribute to his friend whilst he also contributes two anecdotes of recent cases, both unsolved. The first concerns a young guardsman whose life Watson saved after he was the victim of a 'locked room' attempted murder. The second involves a man who uses the identities of the recently deceased to date different women. As he looks around the wedding party Holmes suddenly realizes their connected solutions, which also involve Watson's former commanding officer, disfigured war hero Major Sholto. 

This was by far one of the funniest episodes of Sherlock. Sherlock's best man speech was awkward then sweet and once again awkward. Drunk Sherlock and Watson was the best. We got to see an entirely different side to Sherlock in this episode. I loved that these two different stories blended together into the third and main story of the wedding of John and Mary. I loved Sherlock's interaction with the bridesmaid. I got to see my favorite "bad girl" Irene Adler, even for just a minute.. it made me smile. It was a very touching episode, made me tear up several times but more often I was laughing out loud. The ending was very melancholy with Sherlock not sticking around and leaving the wedding reception alone.

I can't wait for the final episode of series three.... and then we have to wait once again for series four next year (hopefully) but I hear we might be getting a special Christmas episode.. here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment