Thursday, January 23, 2014

Please Nominate Me For A Shorty Award

Nominations for the 6th Annual Shorty Awards are underway. If you don't  know what the Shorty Awards are... The Shorty Awards honor the best of social media, recognizing the people and organizations producing real-time short form content across Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube, Instagram, Vine, and the rest of the social Web. I'm trying to win "Best Podcaster"

I tried several years ago to get my podcasts and myself nominated with no luck and I didn't intend to try this year but my buddy Doug nominated me and got the ball rolling. I notice that they actually have an official "Podcaster" category (use to be a write in only). When I checked it out and saw that the top person nominated in the "Podcaster" category only had 132 votes. I figured.. hey that should be easy to beat, I mean I have over 800 "friends" on Facebook and over 2500 twitter followers.. surely I can get the votes to be in the top 4 which then gets me to the final vote.

So far it's not going as planned, It only takes a few second to nominate me. First of all you need to have a twitter account. Then click on this link http://shortyawards.com/Geekyfanboy and I have made it super easy as all you have to do is finish this sentence "I nominate @Geekyfanboy for a Shorty Award in #podcaster because..." and hit tweet.. it's that simple.

I'd appreciate all the nominations I can get. Nominations for the Shorty Awards end on February 18th, 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment