Monday, February 23, 2015

Family, A New Gig & Geeky Stuff

Today I was being a good son and taking my dad to his doctors appointment. And since I had to be down there (they live about 60 miles south east of me) I visited my brother and his family as well. So dad and I went out and grabbed some lunch at Sizzler and then he had his doctors appointment and then I took him grocery shopping before heading back to my brothers. Back at my brothers I got to hang out with my brother, sister-in-law and the kiddos. It was a nice visit.

While I was waiting for my dad at the doctors office I got an email from my buddy Andrew asking if I could start my new job on Wednesday (as in two days). To back track a bit as I don't think I mentioned this anywhere, I have been working on securing this gig for the past few weeks. It's a step down from what I normally do, which of course means a pay cut but it also has less stress (which will be good). So instead of being a post production supervisor (my normal gig) I'll be a post production coordinator. I don't know the details of the show yet but I do know that it's suppose to run until July.

In geeky news... I'm super stoked for the return of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD next week. During the Oscars last night they premiered a new commercial focusing on Skye. When SHIELD started I wasn't a huge fan of Skye but man has her character come a long way.. I can't wait to see what's next for her. Check out the commercial below.


Tonight I watched last weeks episodes of The Flash and Arrow. I really enjoyed The Flash, I liked what they did with the character of Firestorm and I know this won't be the last we see of him. As for Arrow I didn't think I'd enjoy it as I really didn't like the stuff on the Island and here we are again but I actually liked this episode. Theo was a character that I just wish would die in season one but she didn't and I'm glad. I'm really liking what they are doing with her in this season. She now knows everything and the hate she has for her father is fantastic. It was great seeing the flashbacks with Tommy and the douche bag version of Detective Lance .. man he's come along ways since then. But overall both were enjoyable episodes. Looks like Flash is on a break until mid March but we do get a new Arrow this week.. can't wait as it looks like we are introduced to The Atom.

No comments:

Post a Comment