Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Kidney Concerns

While checking out my previous blood tests the doctor and I noticed that my kidneys weren't working properly. They aren't getting all the toxins out of my blood like they are suppose to. So they took some blood and urine to do more tests.. I had planned to go back in a month to discuss the results but this morning I got a phone call from my doctors office. The nurse informed me that they got my test result back and there were some concerns, they wanted to see me sooner. The nurse asked me if I had any lower back pains or trouble urinating. Luckily I haven't had any issue like that. But her asking those questions started to worry me. She informed me that my doctor would like to see me in the next few days to discuss the results. The next available appointment was for Friday at 9:15, which is three days away.

Obviously something is up, and I have three days to worry and wonder what the issue is. From my own research online it's leading me to believe that my kidneys are not functioning properly which could mean they are starting to shut down. If this is the case there really isn't anything they can do medicine wise but it would mean I would need a transplant at some point in the near future. The other option is it's one of the medications that I'm currently taking for high blood pressure and cholesterol. But I've been taking my current medication for the past five years or so and my toxin levels didn't start going up until 2014 so I don't think it's medicine induced. But I'm not a doctor so all I can do is wait to see what she says and what my options are.

I'm trying not to freak out but it's difficult. I'm scared that it's going to be the worse case scenario and I'll have to replace my kidneys. I know this is a fairly routine procedure these days but I don't like the idea of going under the knife. Anyways like I said I'm trying to stay positive so if you can spare some good thoughts and well wishes please send them my way. And of course I'll keep everyone posted via Twitter, Facebook and this Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment