Thursday, February 26, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Presses, Burpees & Jumps Oh My!!!

This morning when I was getting ready for work I pulled out a pair of jeans from my pile of jeans and slipped them on. They looked newer then the rest and then I realized that I had just put on a pair of jeans that I haven't wore in a few years because I couldn't button them. It was a pretty amazing feeling knowing that all my hard work (jogging/Nerdstrong gym) is paying off. I mean I've lost about 25 pounds but to be honest I don't see it when I look in the mirror. I see the same me but clothes don't lie, my t-shirt are a bit baggier on me and now I'm slipping on jeans that I haven't been able to wear in a while. 

Speaking of NerdStrong Gym... tonight was my finale "evening" class. With my new job I can't guarantee that I will be able to make it to the final evening class at 7pm. So I have moved my workouts to the mornings. Since I don't go into work until 10am I plan to do the 7am class. I also added an additional class. I was working out Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays. I added Wednesday starting in March. So now I'll be going four times a week.

For today's workout we started with a pretty thorough warm up. We did Neck, Shoulders, Chest, Arms, Hips, Wrist and Triceps. We did movement prep with Squat Walkabouts.. that was tough being in a Squat position and then having to take steps forward and backwards. We also did PVC Hip Punches and Rack Delivery.

Next was the Skill part of the workout. We did Barbell Clean to Front Squats, 3 rounds at a time for about 15 minutes. We then did our timed final Workout which included Dumbbell Shoulder Presses, Burpees and Box Jumps. We had sixteen minutes to do 20 of each on of those things and then 14 of each one of those and finally 10 of each. I almost completed the task within the 16 minute time limit but I had three more Box Jumps to complete after the time ran out, but I did them anyways so I would finish the workout.

It was another tough workout but my body is getting use to it as it takes me alot less time to recover these days. I'll be sweaty and tired for about ten minutes or so and then I feel great again. I'm also not waking up as sore as I did in the beginning.

If you can't tell I'm loving NerdStrong Gym, it's the best gift my friends could have given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment