Wednesday, April 15, 2015

My Six Month Status

Today I put on a pair of my old pants and realized just how far I have come in the past six months to getting fit and healthier. I have gone down 2 pant sizes (from a 38 to a 36), I've gone down 1 shirt size (from a extra large to a large) and I've lost a total of 30 lbs (219 to 189). I'm still about 24 lbs from my goal but I'm well on my way.

The weight lose is only one part of this puzzle, with my 6 days a week workouts at NerdStrong Gym I'm seeing the changes in the shape of my body. My leg (which have always been muscular) look even better. My arms are getting bigger, my chest is getting smaller but firmer and I'm starting to see the outside of my abs. My face seems to be the last place where I lose weight and I'm even seeing it there. I don't noticed it as much as I see myself everyday but those who haven't seen me in a while are commenting.

Not only am I physically changing but my mental wellness has improved. The past few years have been tough for me, my fight with depression has reared it's ugly head again and I have been putting up a good fight. But I'm happy to say the past six months I have felt the burden of depression lessen and I know it's because of me getting healthier. I workout hard and fight to eat right and I'm seeing the results, which makes me want to workout harder and eat even better.

I now know that my physical wellness plays a huge part in my mental wellness and vice verse. This is a concept that I don't think I ever really understood until now. With both of those in balance.. life can be pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment