Sunday, April 12, 2015

Podcasting and D&D

After the workout I had to come home and get ready to record several episodes of my MASH 4077 Podcast. This was a postpone session and we initial had planned to record four but I wasn't able to watch all of them so it was knocked down to only three. Also one of our co-hosts was out so it was just two of us. The record session went great. We had some really fun episodes to talk about. Don't forget the MASH 4077 Podcast is released twice a month on the 1st and the 15th. You can get more info at http://MASH4077Podcast.com

Once that was done Thomas and I were off to D&D. Thomas was going to play one of our NPC characters Percy.

The session started at 1pm but we were getting there about a half hour late (due to my podcast recording). When we got to the group they were still in battle with the two magical brothers that we started fighting during the last session.

My first action was to throw a lighten bolt at one of the brothers (which would have done a lot of damage) but because I had to move around other players I moved into a threaten square which gave the brother an opportunity to attack me, which he did and he hit poor Dash hard, knocked 33 hit points off of my little wizard. Not only that he caused my spell to go awry, so I wasted a very cool spell for nothing. My second round didn't go much better as I got hit for more points and was soon below 0 and unconscious. Luckily my fellow adventurous took care of the remaining brother and managed to heal me enough so I could move around.

I thought that was the end.. we won and saved the castle but Dallas (our DM) had more in store for us. In the courtyard there were several Giants, Goblins, Orcs and Orcs Dogs. Half of our party had very little hit points (bloodied) and several were on the verge of death. But before we could come up with a plan (Will) Ginnion pulled a "Leroy" and attacked the Giants causing us to go into combat unprepared. I was sure several of us were going to die but in the end only one of us did. Borin the dwarf died but come to find out that it wasn't Borin it was actually a Doppelganger. We're not sure if Borin is dead or not.. guess time tell.

So we saved the castle and the day once again.. but the adventure is far from over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment