Thursday, April 16, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Barbells & Kettlebell Swings

Today is my last workout for the week since I'll be attending Star Wars Celebration Today thru Sunday.

This is also my buddy Thomas' last workout at NerdStrong Gym as he heads up to Calgary to continue his vacation with family.

We started with a good stretching warm up and then moved on to some barbell work.

First we did Strict Press'. Since we were doing 5 sets of 5 I didn't go crazy on the weight but still wanted to make it challenging.

After Strict Press' we moved on to Deadlifts. Again we did 5 sets of 5 and like with the strict press I didn't over do it with the weight but still had it heavy enough to get a good workout in.

The final thing we did was another one of Andrews famous short but intense workouts. We had to do 21x Kettlebell Swings, 10x Dumbbell Curls, 15x Kettlebell Swings, 10x Dumbbell Curls, 9 Kettlebell Swings and finally our final set of 10x Dumbbell Curls. By your final set of kettlebell swings and dumbbell curls your arms are like noodles but somehow you manage to finish. I also up'd my kettlebell weight to increase the challenge..woot!!

This was a nice workout to end my week on. I know I'll miss going to NerdStrong the next few days but I'll be getting plenty of walking done while going from one end of the Anaheim convention center to the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment