Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day, Geek Pride & Arrow and Flash

First I want to say Happy Memorial Day, I may not agree with what the military does all the time but I do appreciate each and every person who volunteers for it and especially those who give their lives. They made the ultimate sacrifice for their country and should always be remembered as heroes.

Secondly I booked all my classes for NerdStrong Gym for the month of June so I'm committed to another month of this amazing gym... not that there was any doubt I'd be coming back.

Thirdly today is a very special day in the Geek/Nerd world. No only is it the 38th Anniversary of the release of Star Wars which in turn created Geek Pride Day, it is also International Towel Day, for all you fans of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy,

38 years ago today I went and saw a movie that would forever change my life. I credit Star Wars for making me the Sci Fi / Fantasy lover I am today and that series will always hold a very special place in my heart. It will always be part of my life and I am forever thankful to George Lucas for the world that sprung from his imagination.

Geek Pride Day is an initiative to promote geek culture. The date was chosen as to commemorate the release of the first Star Wars film as mentioned above and I don't mind celebrating Geek Pride day today but honestly I celebrate Geek Pride everyday of my life.

Towel Day is an annual celebration on the 25th of May, as a tribute to the late author Douglas Adams (1952-2001), who wrote the very famous series The Hitchhikers Guild to the Galaxy. On that day, fans around the universe proudly carry a towel in his honor. This is truly a day of geeky goodness!!

I spent a majority of my lazy day off being very geeky and catching up on Arrow and Flash. I watched three episodes of Arrow solo so I could be caught up with my buddy Erik. We then jumped on Skype and watched several episodes of Flash and Arrow. We still have about 4 more Arrows and 5 more Flash's to watch but we are well on our way to finishing off both of these fantastic series.

But I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the current storyline for Arrow, I hate when so much bad is happening to the "good" guys, but I'm gonna wait and see what happens in the remaining few episodes before I complain to much. On the the other hand I'm loving The Flash and really look forward to seeing how they are going to wrap up season one of this series. So much AWESOME TV these days.. it's good to be a geek!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment