Wednesday, May 27, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Welcome to Hell

I woke up this morning and my back was tender but felling better so I came into NerdStrong.

Today is Wednesday and that mean coach Blair and CON day. This workout looked simple but we knew it wasn't going to be and we were right. We started off with Stretching... and then more Stretching and finally some more Stretching. We moved on to a mini workout but it was still part of the warm up and we had to do 3 sets of 7x Kettlebell Straight Leg Deadlift & 7x Kettlebell Slow Goblet Squats.

Now that we were all warmed up and exhausted we moved onto part one of the main workout. It's coach Blairs famous Run/Row Combos. Everyone teamed up.. well everyone but me. Since my back was injured coaches felt that I shouldn't be rowing. So instead I did a Run/Run. I ran (well it was more like a jog) 10 times around the parking lot in 12 minutes that's 2500 meters. That's roughly a mile and a half and I didn't stop once. I found a nice pace and when it was over I wasn't out of breath and the only thing that hurt on me were my ankles.. I was extremely happy with the results.

I was able to participate in the second half of the workout, that consisted of 5 sets of 7x Thrusters (with a bar bell) and 7x Burpees (I opted to do a scale down version which was a Push Up). I felt great after this bit of the workout. My back was still tender but didn't hurt and I didn't aggravate it at all during the workout... woot!!

Even with my Alts I still got an amazing workout.. thanks coach Blair.

No comments:

Post a Comment