Friday, June 26, 2015

Geeky Picture, Heroes Reborn and Game Night

So I had an amazing start to today but instead of heading into NerdStrong for open gym I rested a bit more before work. I pulled my lower back yesterday at gym and decided that I would take the day off in order not to make it worse. It's still sore and only really hurt when I move so as long as I just lay here I'm was good :)

There's a few geeky things I want to share with you guys. That geek print that I blogged about a week or so ago is back up for order. The artist contacted me as promised and informed me that she'd be opening reorders again so of course I checked her website and sure enough I was able to order me a print. It's gonna take 3 to 4 weeks for her to finish it (yes they are all hand made) and send it but it's going to make a great addition to my apartment. If you want to order one for yourself follow this LINK

They released a much better teaser trailer for the new series Heroes: Reborn, they show a few familiar faces as well as the new cast. We don't know much about he story or when this is suppose to take place. I've only seen seasons 1 & 2 and a few episodes of season 3 before I stopped watching. So I have some catching up to so before I watch this series in the fall.


Tonight after work it was Game Night at NerdStrong Gym. Tonight we had a largest turn out yet. I once again hosted a table and we played Ticket to Ride and Cockroach Poker. It's fun hosting a table and getting people excited to play new games. I've hosted a table the past two game nights so I'm hoping for the next one in July I'll be able to play some new games.

This game night we extra long (to much fun) and I didn't leave NerdStrong until around 12:30am, when I checked my phone I noticed that several people had said Happy Birthday to me on Facebook. I was a bit confused as my Birthday isn't until September. So of course the first thing I did was check Facebook to see if there was a glitch but it still had my birthday in September. I did notice that the first three people to wish me a Happy Birthday were from my Treks in Sci Fi group and earlier in the day my buddy Rico (who runs Treks in Sci Fi) posted a picture of him and myself with the comment "Very happy for my good friend Kenny today. The world makes just a little more sense now." I assume that people saw this post and thought it was my birthday, and then people saw the first birthday post and then jumped on the bandwagon, but he wasn't wishing me a happy birthday he was congratulating me on the Supreme Court win. So I spent a good fifteen minutes replying to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday and told them thank you but it's not my birthday. So I didn't get to bed until around 1:30am.

And I'm also very happy to say that I didn't have to unfriend or unfollow anyone for rude comments about the same sex ruling. I saw a ton of "rude" comments being said but luckily they weren't from any of my friends or followers... it was a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment