Thursday, June 25, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Strict Press & Back Injuries

Today's workout looked like a good one. Pretty straight forward and nothing to fancy.

We started with a nice warm up before moving on to our Skill work. We practice our Strict Press as this was going to be part one of our workout.

Speaking of our workout, the first half was EMOM (Every Minute on the Minute) for 12 minutes. We had to do 2 Strict Press and then rest. Depending on how long it took for you to do the 2 press' determined how long your rest was before the next minute.

For workout part 2 it was a 12 minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) We had to do 100x Jump Ropes, 10x Braniz and 16x Lemon Squeezers. I just finished my second round and started to do my third when in the middle of jumping rope I felt a sharp pain in my lower back. I landed wrong on one of the jumps and compressed my spine (so we think). I was in immense pain and coach David came over to assist me. I wound up laying down with an ice pack on my lower back for the last 20 minutes of class. It's not how I like to end a session but I didn't want to push myself. I've made that mistake before. I hope this doesn't knock me out of to many workouts and heals quickly. Thanks to coach David for taking care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment