Friday, June 26, 2015

Love is Love ~ Marriage Equality For All

I woke up this morning to a ton of messages on my cell phone. Because 20 minutes prior to me waking up the Supreme Court announced their verdict on the Gay Marriage case and it's now official, Same Sex Marriage are legal in all 50 States. Every single person in the US can now enjoy the benefits and rights of being married.

I've been trying to write this blog the past hour and I just can't seem to find the right words to describe the feeling of joy and love I am feeling at this moment. All I know is this is one of those moments in history that I will remember forever, the moment love won.

Justice Anthony Kennedy, who authored today’s ruling legalizing same-sex marriage throughout the United States, closed his opinion with one of the most beautiful passages you’ll likely read in a court case... it's just remarkable.


That last line... "It is so ordered" gives me chills every time I read it. It's as though he made the speech, held the mic out in front of him and dropped it... beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment