Saturday, June 27, 2015

Brunch, Pig Roast and Tacos with NerdStrongers

After today's workout a few of us went out for breakfast, we planned to go to Corky's but when we got there they were filming and the cafe was closed to the public. So we searched around the area and found another cafe called Nat's. I actually ate there a while back and they have some tasty breakfast. We caravan over and found it to be  a 25 minute wait. We were cool with that and what made the wait even better was the fact that their is a "geeky" store next door called Big Kid Collectable.

This place is unbelievable. There are so many "old school" things that I remember from my childhood along with modern day toys and items. All of us were in heaven and we scattered like little kids oh-ing and ah-ing at everything. You could spend hours in there just checking out all the really cool things out. What is even better is that they have a deal with the cafe next door and when they call your name for your table it's announced in the store so you can shop there while you wait.

Everyone had a great time at brunch... I think we were the loudest table in there. The food was great and I think this  might be our new go to brunch place after workouts, especially with the cool geeky toy store next door.

I got home, showered and changed and then headed out to my friend and fellow NerdStronger Dan's place for his Going Away Pig Roast. He actually roasted a pig and when I got there he just started to carve it up. As always with fellow NerdStrongers we gravitated to the corner of the backyard and had a nice time chatting away and eating some pig.

I left the pig roast after about four hours and headed to another NerdStronger's party. This time it was Kim's Taco Tuesday (on a Saturday) Housewarming party. Took about forty minutes to get there but as soon I got there I once again gravitated towards the group of NerdStrongers. Throughout the night more NerdStrongers arrived (many who were at Dan's pig roast hours earlier). It was a good time, great food, friends and festivities. We ended the night with a game of Cockroach Poker and some Simpson Trivia (which I unexpectedly was pretty good at).

Overall it was a fantastic day, spent the entire day with some of the most amazing people who I would have never met if I hadn't joined NerdStrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment