Saturday, June 27, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - The Vikings Return

The Vikings return.. I did this workout a few months ago and it's pretty awesome. the are constantly tweaking it, making us do a bit more of everything. After a warm up we got right into the workout.

Today's Viking workout had row 500 meters to the enemy's land, we then ran 500 meters and into battle with our weapon (Steel club). We attacked with 50x Mace Strikes and then made sure they were dead by crushing their skills with 50x Slamballs. We then had to grab one of those crushed skulls (slamball) and run 500 meters back to the boat where there was a fire and we had to toss the head into the fire (or toss the slamball into the large tire).

The Viking workout is always a blast as people really get into it. It's a tough workout but if you pace yourself properly you can get it done within the time limit. I'm happy to say that I did better this time then I did with the previous Viking workout and I'm sure I'll do even better the next time as we all know there will be a next time.

In the corner of workout board they wrote down the original Viking workout.. it's everything we did today with an extra 500 meters row making it a 1000 meter Row at the beginning and then they added a 1000 meter Row at the end with an extra 50x Grave Diggers in between. One of these days I'll give that one a try. But for now I'm happy with my current accomplishments.

Thanks coach Andrew, coach Marla and coach Kimi for another fun workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment