Thursday, June 18, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Deadlifts & Strict Press'

After the crazy workout yesterday I was happy to see the workout for today.. it's a STR day which usually means barbell work and that's exactly what was planned for today.

We started off with a nice warm up of Banded Stretches before moving on to the Skill work where we practice the lifts we were going to do for the workouts.

For the actual workout we were doing Deadlifts and Strict Press. I'm a fan of Deadlifts because I can lift nearly 300lbs but today isn't about weight, it's about form. So they asked us to do 5 sets of 3 starting at a lighter weight and then going heavier but not your max. Trying to get the correct form down was tough. Because everyone's body is shaped differently sometimes you can't mimic the coach when they do it so you have to figure out how to make it work for you. And it's funny but being short actually works to my advantage with deadlifts as I don't have to left the bar far from the ground to stand up straight... finally my height working for me :)

The Strict Press' were pretty much the same, 5 sets of 3 starting with a lighter weight and working our way up. Again form is tough but they say practice make perfect.

We usually have a short workout at the end but today was all about strength and form.. and after a day like yesterday I'm good with that. Thanks coach David for another great NerdStrong workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment