Thursday, October 22, 2015

Farscape Vs Guardians, More LARPs & New Potter

I came across this picture that explains the similarities between Farscape and Guardians of the Galaxy, never really thought about it and I'm a huge fan of both franchises... It's an interesting read.


Been enjoying the new season of LARPs The Series. We're only a few episodes in and I'm already loving it. I enjoyed season one but you can tell these guys really found their voice in season two.. not only that but with their longer run times they are really doing alot of character building as well as expanding the world. 


Episode three has a scene that made me very happy as I've been a big fan of the character of Arthur though he's done a few shady things in the past. And we find out in this episode that this character is gay. But the way they reveal it is in a normal conversation, there are no bells or whistle, it's as though him being gay is the norm. I found that approach extremely refreshing, and I wish more shows would follow suit. If you're not watching this series then you are really missing out on something special. I haven't loved a web series like this since The Guild.


Last thing I want to share on today's blog is about Harry Potter. We've been hearing bits and pieces about a few Harry Potter story.. but this one is for the stage. We know it's going to be in two parts but today we got a bit more information about it.


Here's the full synopsis: “It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.”

They are touting this as the Eighth Harry Potter story. I would love to be able to fly over to London to see this but I doubt that's gonna happen. I'm hoping it come to New York as that might be a bit easier for me to get to, but will wait and see what happens. I'd love to see the continuing story of Harry Potter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment