Wednesday, October 21, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Great Scott!!!

Today was a Back to the Future workout in honor of the day that Marty and Doc Brown go to the future. It was a coach Blair workout so that means it was tough.

We started with a "Build" (Warm Up) that had lots of stretching, 2 rounds of 5x Wall Squats, 10x Air Squats, 10x PVC Pass Throughs and 15x PVC Good Mornings.

Then to our "Proficiency" portion of the workout we did 4 rounds of 5x Single Leg Box Squats on each leg. This was the first time I had done these and they aren't easy. After the third or fourth one you're leg starts to feel like jelly.

The Quest was a dozy, we started with a 5 minute Row for distance, since there aren't enough rowers for members, if you were not rowing you had to do one of the following. 4 Minute Jog, 3 Minute Jump Rope or 200 Mountain Climbers and then hold a :30 second Plank. I didn't get to a rower in time so I was part of the group who had to choose one of the "other" things to do. Of the five people in my group we all choose to jog for 4 minutes. Blair wanted us to make sure we picked a pace that we could maintain, he didn't want us to stop within those 4 minutes.

After the job we waited another minute for the current rowers to finish and then we jumped on and did our five minutes. Coach Blair asked that we try and go at least 1000 meters in those five minutes and I'm happy to say that I did 1163 meters.

I was exhusted but we got a few minutes to rest before doing the "Battle". This battle was titled "Great Scott!!" and we had to do x10, x21, x20, x15  (or 10/21 2015) of Slamballs and Sit Ups. So we started with x10 Slamballs and then did x10 Sit Ups, then 21x Slamballs and 21x Sit Ups and so on. I can't recall where I finished but I do know that I was tired and didn't finish the entire thing. I think I got through half of the x15 Slamballs before time ran out.

It was a good workout.. but I wouldn't expect anything else on one of coach Blairs CON days.

No comments:

Post a Comment