Saturday, October 24, 2015

NerdStrong Craft Day & My First PGA DVD Screener


So after the gym I headed home, showered, ate lunch and then headed back to NerdStrong.. but not to workout. NerdStrong was having it's first "Crafty" day. Since there are several Cons coming up Coach Kimi thought it would be a good idea to have a craft day for those working on cosplay costumes or any other crafty project.

I didn't have my material ready to work on my Twi Lik Jedi but I went anyways the help anyone who needed it. There was a great turn out of about 25 or so people, the majority of them were working on their cosplay costumes but coach Marla was working on a cityscape for Stryder's room so I was able to help with that and cut out buildings. I also modeled a Thor "shirt" that Kili was working for her husband.

I learned a bit from Adam who is a professional costume designer and really knows his way around a sewing machine. He said when I get to making my Jedi robes that he'd help me out... woot!! Spending time with all these folks really made me want to buy my own sewing machine. The only way I'm going to get better at making costumes is to make costumes.

Got home from Nerdstrong and found that I finally got my first PGA (Producer's Guild of America) DVD screener, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. I've saw this movie at a PGA screening and really enjoyed it. I very much disliked the first three Mission Impossible movies but the last two have been really fun and entertaining.

Let's hope this is the beginning of tons of screeners this season. Last year I only got 24 screeners (my usual is around 30) and they were very slow coming. Getting one at the end of October bodes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment