Monday, October 19, 2015

Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens Tickets and Trailer

Today is Star Wars day.. not only are they releasing the first full length trailer (prior to this there have been teasers) but tickets are going on sale as well.

The trailer for Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens is going to premiere during half time on Monday Night Football and tickets are to go on sale moments after it's premiered.

But things didn't go as planned and two hours or so before the trailer was released I saw a tweet saying that tickets were on sale (on certain websites). So I went to the Arclight website and sure enough they were on sale. Since I was trying to do a group purchase I hesitated on buying tickets right away, instead I Facebooked messaged my friends which version they would prefer to watch.. ATMOS (which I love) but it's in 3D or just regular 2D. By the time folks responded (which was only like 10 minutes) I went back to the website and it was being bombarded and it took the next hour and a half, refreshing, crashing, refreshing, crashing to purchase six tickets. Websites were crashing all over the place and people were going crazy. But I got my ticket and a few friends as well so I'm extremely happy. I'll be seeing Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens on Thursday at 10pm at the Arclight Sherman Oaks Theater. I'll be seeing it in 3D with ATMOS Dolby audio (which is the main reason I choose this theater.. love ATMOS).  I'm sure I'll be seeing it several more times over the weekend with various other people... but there is nothing like the first time.. I can't wait!!!!


I was at work when they aired the trailer during halftime but it was only a matter of seconds before it showed up online so I sat in my office and watched the brand new trailer... then I watched it again.. and again.. and maybe a few more times. It was as though I was seven years old again and watching the Star Wars (A New Hope, but it wasn't called that back then) trailer. I would let out audible ohs and ahs, I had chills from head to toe while tears welled up in my eyes.

The music alone was amazing and so emotional but the visuals were spectacular. This movie reminds me so much of A New Hope in look and feel. They gave absolutely nothing way in the trailer as to what the story might be. We got introduced to a few of the new characters and got to see some of the amazing battles that they have in store for us. This trailer only made me even more excited for this movie... Is it December yet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment