Wednesday, March 16, 2016

LeakyCon - Harry Potter Convention

I friend of mine posted that this years LeakyCon will be held in Burbank. If you don't know what LeakyCon is.. here's a quick description: LeakyCon is a conference originally hosted by the Harry Potter fan site, The Leaky Cauldron.

LeakyCon has a variety of programming, ranging from author and actor panels to attendee-submitted meetups and discussions. Team Starkid has played a large role in their programming, most notably in 2012 with their production of A Very Potter 3D: A Very Potter Senior Year. Author John Granger, known as "the Hogwarts Professor", has given lectures about real-world themes and ideas within the Harry Potter books. In previous years, John and Hank Green have hosted various panels and meetups at the conference. LeakyCon features three different types of programming. The Lit Track is for all the authors, wanna-be published authors, and enthusiasts. Lit Track is run by Maureen Johnson and features panels, meetups and signings for anyone who enjoys a good book. Mainstage Programming indicates all the programming that happens on the mainstage of LeakyCon and usually features special guests, Wrock (Wizard rock) concerts, special panels, and performances. General Programming is anything from yoga with Evanna Lynch to panels about Severus Snape. LeakyCon opens up a programming call months before LeakyCon, which allows anyone to submit programming they would like to have at the conference.

I've always wanted to attend but until this year they have never been close enough. The general tickets are a bit pricey going for $250 but the con runs from Wed Oct 19 - Sun Oct 23. It's a pretty long con. They usually sell out so I'll have to decide if I want to go or not fairly soon. Maybe if I can find some friends to join me I might consider it.. actually that would be the only way I would go. I wouldn't want to go solo. Anyways.. you can check out their site HERE. Let me know if you're interested in going with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment