Friday, March 18, 2016

NerdStrong Gym - This Past Week

I was pretty sick this past week and only managed to get to the gym twice. Tuesday's DEX and Wednesday's CON. I had to miss Thursday for a Doctors appointment but I did Friday's Open Gym which I will blog about after this one.

For Tuesday's workout it was titled The Ides of March. We started with a pretty tough warm up (of as they called it "Candidates For the Senate" which was 460 meter Shuttle Run then 2 rounds of 10x Hip Openers (love these), 10x Air Squats, 10x Lateral Monkeys (not a fan of these) and 10x Scapula Push Ups. We then moved on to the main workout (The Senate Plots) of 3 rounds of 1:30 minutes of work / :30 seconds of rest for Sandbag Clean to Shoulder, Planks, Jumping Pull Ups, Wall Sits and Kettlebell Halo's. And finally to the finisher (aka Let's Get Stabby!!) in which we had to do 23 Mace Jousts while a partner held a weight plate overhead. The length of time you held that plate overhead was determined by how long it took your partner to do the 23 Mace Jousts.

This was a tough workout but not horrible and not bad for my return to the gym. I hate missing days but I'd prefer to stay home and rest then be out even more days because my sickness had gotten worse. Though I will admit I wasn't 100% yet so I worked out at about 80% which wasn't bad.

Wednesday's CON class we climbed the Alps. But we first started with a good warm up, 10x Air Squats, 10x Jumping Jacks, 5x Tempo Push Ups (3 down and 1 up),  10x Mountain Climbers, 10x Stryders, 10x Iron Cross and finally 10x Scorpions.

Next was the main workout which consisted of Squats, Step Ups and Sit Ups. The first mountain was 15x, 20x, 25x and back down, 20x and 15x. So that meant we did 15x Squats, 15x Step Ups and 15x Sit Ups, then 20x Squats, 20x Step Ups and 20x Sit Ups and so on.. all the way up the mountain and then back down. Then we moved on to the smaller mountain 10x, 15x and 20x then back down 15x and 10x before moving on to the smallest mountain of 5x, 10x and 15x and back down 10x and 5x.

I'm happy to say that I made it to the small mountain and made it to top but wasn't able to go back down before time ran out. It was a tough workout and though the actual movements aren't tough it's the fact that you are constantly doing them for 40 minutes straight with no breaks.. now that's rough.

We finished with a max hang.. I lasted all of a minute and a half before I couldn't hold on any more. I think the max for the class was just over 2 minutes. It was a good workout and I'm happy to say that I'm feeling better.. not 100% but 85%.

No comments:

Post a Comment