Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Buffy Turns 18, A New Electra Woman & Tron 3

Today is the 18th anniversary of the TV series that made me an uber fan of Joss Whedon, Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I had seen the movie that this series is based on so I expected something totally different. But all it took was the first episode and I was hooked. The characters were amazing, stories were fun and the humor was Joss-tastic. This was appointment TV for me, I recorded every episode on VHS so I could watch them over and over again. And when they came out on DVD I snapped them up quickly. I have done a few rewatch's of the entire series with friends who had not seen it yet and each time I'm still excited to see the episodes and storyline. This series is definitely in my top 10 of all time favorite TV shows.

Another fun TV show that I use to watch in the 70's was the series Electra Woman and Dyna Girl. Is only had 16 episodes in a single season as part of the umbrella series The Krofft Supershow. I use to watch all those Krofft shows including Dr. Shrinker and WonderBug.

But anyways back to Electra Woman and Dyan Girl. It looks like it's getting a reboot of sorts. Two "famous" You Tubers will be taking on the roles and it looks like this will be a new digital series (which I'm sure will be streaming somewhere). They released a picture of the two leads in their costume and they look pretty good. I'm looking forward to this new series.

It was also announced today that Tron 3 will start shooting in the fall. Since Tron Legacy wasn't a HUGE blockbuster the 3rd movie has been kind of stalled but it looks like things are finally going to start moving forward. I for one am very happy about his news as I really enjoyed Tron and Tron Legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment