Wednesday, March 11, 2015

First Day Of My New Diet

Yesterday was my first day on this new high protein diet and it really showed me how difficult it's going to be at eating the correct amount of food to hit those numbers. For the next five weeks I'm suppose to eat 1900 calories a day, it's broken down as follows; 25% Carbs, 40% Fats and 35% Protein. I'm also suppose to eat less then 40 grams of sugar a day.

So the results from yesterday are as follows. I did 1690 of my 1900 calories, so I didn't quite make my goal. Of those 1690 calories Carbs came in at 37%, 12 % higher then my goal limit. With Fats I was closer to my goal at 36%. And the most important one Protein, I managed only 27%. As for my sugar intake, which I thought would be the hardest to do, I manged to only take in 30 grams, well below my limit of 40.

Overall I'm happy with the results, I know it's going to take time to figure out the balance of foods. I think the toughest part is the amount of food you have to eat to get these numbers. With every meal I should be eating at least 50 grams of protein, that's like 2 large chicken breasts and I usually just have one. I'm going to have to look into Protein shakes to keep my numbers up. It's going to be a challenge but I'm up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment