Thursday, March 12, 2015

Star Wars News, LARPs The Series & Eating Enough

In Geek News:

Woot!!! Got a bit a new Star Wars news today. They announced the first stand alone Star Wars film.. and it will be called Rogue One. Gareth Edwards will direct and The Theory of Everything‘s Felicity Jones is “the first actress cast” for the film. Rogue One is scheduled for release on December 16, 2016. That's one year after Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens.

I don't have a clue what this movie is about but if the title is a clue it will obviously have to do with an X-Wing team.. as we all know that Rouge is the call sign used by a pilots in Rogue Squadron, aka the Rebel Alliance’s X-Wing squadron, which Luke was apart of... can't wait to hear more details about this film.

The other bit of news today was the announcement of writer/director Rian Johnson's helming the next Star Wars Movie.. Star Wars: Episode VIII it's also due to be released on the big screen May 26, 2017 which is 40 years and 1 day from when the original Star Wars was released.

Since I donated to the LARPs The Series season two (you can as well HERE). I got access to their Weapons Vault and was able to watch the rest of Season One ahead of the Geek and Sundry release. I'm very happy to say that the episodes do get longer.. six to eight minutes each and I really enjoyed the rest of season one. I like how the characters are developing and the acting is great. After seeing season one I'm really pumped that we are getting a season two.

On the Personal Front:

I'm still struggling with eating enough food to meet my daily goals. It's hard wrapping my mind around the fact that I have to eat a lot more food in order to lose weight. My mind still thinks that eating more food will mean more weight but that's not the case. The fact is eating more protein allows my body to burn more fat when I'm working out. So I must force myself to eat as much as I can to get the necessary amounts of protein, fats and carbs.  The sugar part of this diet is a piece a cake.. I really did think I'd have an issue with the 40 grams of sugar a day.. but so far that's the least of my worries. Luckily my buddy Andrew is taking me shopping this weekend to help beef up my protein intake, show me which foods are high in protein. I'm also planning on buying some protein powder to help with my protein intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment