Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Broken Glasses, The Tick Returns, Pixels & The Goonies Tweet

During the workout today I accidentally broke my only pair of glasses. I was sweating so much that my glasses wouldn't stay on so I took them off and put them near some equipment I as using. When I finished with the weighted lunges I took the 10 pound weight I was carrying and just threw it onto the ground where my glasses were sitting. As the weight left my hand I realized my mistake but could only watch as the weight came smashing down on my glasses. At first I thought it just popped one of the lenses out but at closer inspection it actually snapped the right side of the glasses frame. I turned to my coaches and said.. "Crap I broke my glasses and I can't see without them.. this is going to be in interesting day" coach Andrew took them from me and said let me see if I can find some tape. While he did that I headed out to finish the workout. When I finished my 200 jump ropes I came in for a drink and coach Andrew handed me my newly Mcgyvered glasses. It is a great temp fix but I'll have to go out this weekend and see about getting new ones. It sucks but in a way I'm long overdue for a new pair of glasses.

Besides me braking my glasses there is some geek news that I'm excited about so I figured I'd share with you all. First The Tick is coming back to TV.. in some form. There really isn't alot of details, this is what I got from E! News "We're doing it," Warburton told E! News when asked about revival rumors. And it's going to be on Amazon, he told us. "Yeah. The deal that I made with NBC was to have a carve out so I could do The Tick," Warburton told us on the red carpet at NBC's 2015 Upfronts. "It's sort of a new day and age where you can do multiple projects...I said, I love this show, but I also have to have the opportunity to do The Tick because The Tick is a true love of mine and they said OK." In September 2014, The Tick creator Ben Edlund tweeted, "Yes for now suffice it to say the dream of a new live-action Tick is being pursued with vigor #bringbackTheTick."

So from all that it looks like we are going to be getting more Tick and it's going to be streaming on Amazon. I really enjoyed the short run series back in 2001/2002. It only ran for nine episodes but it was a fun campy nine episodes. I can't wait to see what they come up with for season two.

I came across this trailer for a movie that I kind of heard about a few months ago when the first trailer was released but I never watched it. Well I watched this one and I have to say PIXELS the movie looks like alot of fun.  Check out the second trailer below.


Another cool thing I came across was an article about The Goonies and what it would be like if these characters lived today and used Twitter. There is a series of twitter posts from each of the characters that tells the Goonies story. I don't know if this is a personal thing or if it's something officially done to promote their 30th anniversary.. either way it's pretty EPIC.

Check out the entire thing HERE. Be sure to start from the bottom and scroll up. If you're a Goonies fan like me.. it's totally worth reading it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment