Saturday, May 16, 2015

Celebrating My Brother's 40th & Star Wars Day

After NerdStrong I headed over to my brothers to celebrate his 40th birthday as well as Star Wars Days.. Both were a week or so ago, Michael's birthday was May 5th and Star Wars Day was May 4th but he was having a big party to celebrate both today. He had planned to watch all six of the Star Wars movies starting at 10am. When I got there a little after noon, Star Wars The Phantom Menace was about an hour in and there were only a few people but soon the place was packed.

The majority of the people were outside socializing and only a few of us die hard Star Wars fans were inside watching the movies. I did make my way out from time to time and played a few rounds of corn hole (tossing bean bags into a hole thirty feet away), jumped on the trampoline for a few minutes with the little kids, played with the kids on the swing set for a bit and I also had a chance to chat with a friend of my brothers who I hadn't seen in over 20 years who also happens to be gay and sadly is dealing with cancer, he seemed to be in good spirits.  I also chatted with another of Michael's friends who I hadn't seen in quite a while.. we talked fitness which is one of my new favorite topics, he's been following my progress on Facebook.

My buddy Chris also came with his girlfriend Hayley so we got to hang out for a bit. I made it to Star Wars A New Hope before calling it a night around 8pm and heading home. If I didn't have to workout in the AM I may have stayed the entire night and finished off the series, but I was tired and new I needed some sleep before tomorrows themed workout. Overall it was a fun party/movie marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment