Friday, May 15, 2015

NerdStrong Open Gym - Weights, Weights, Weights

Today is open gym with coach Seely at NerdStrong Gym. Coach Seely has two workouts up on the board called his Seely Specials. Of course we don't have to do what's up on the board and can work on anything but one of his workouts looked particularly tough so I figured I'd give it a go. The one I chose was called Weights, Weights and Weights.

The workout consisted of 10x Weighted Step Ups, 10x Weighted Sit Ups, 10x Weighted Lunges and 10x Weighted Push Ups. It was a 10 minute out AMRAP (as many reps as possible). It was a good workout but 10 minutes didn't seem long enough so I opted to do it for 15 minutes. In the end I did 4 reps of each so 40x Weighted Step Ups, 40x Weighted Sit Ups, 40x Weighted Lunges and 40x Weighted Push Ups.

Once I was done with that I still have about 20 minutes left in the hour so coach Seely helped me with my "Cleans". Of all the bar workouts I tend to have the hardest time with Cleans. My mind knows what I need to do but for some reason my body can't quite get it. It's a work in progress.. I know one of these days it will just click but until this I'll keep trying. Thanks coach Seely for another great workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment